Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the process for forming a company in Jersey?
- Choosing a company name and ensuring it is available for use
- Filing articles of incorporation with the Jersey Registrar of Companies
- Appointing directors and shareholders
- Depositing the minimum share capital in a bank account
- Obtaining any necessary licenses or permits
- Registering for taxes and business registration
What are the benefits of incorporating a company in Jersey?
- Jersey has a favorable tax environment for businesses, with no corporate income tax, capital gains tax, or inheritance tax.
- Jersey has a modern and flexible legal framework for companies.
- Jersey is politically and economically stable.
- Jersey is well-regulated with a good reputation and a commitment to transparency and compliance with international standards.
What are the requirements for directors and shareholders of a Jersey company?
- There is no requirement for directors or shareholders to be resident in Jersey.
- A minimum of one director is required for a Jersey company.
- There is no minimum number of shareholders required for a Jersey company.
What are the ongoing compliance requirements for a Jersey company?
- Jersey companies are required to file annual returns with the Jersey Registrar of Companies.
- Jersey companies are required to maintain accurate financial records and make them available for inspection upon request.
- Jersey companies are required to appoint a registered agent and maintain a registered office in Jersey.
How much does it cost to set up a Jersey company?
- The cost of setting up a Jersey company varies depending on the type of company and the services required. Typically, the cost includes government fees, legal fees, and registered agent fees. It is advisable to get a quote from a professional service provider for an accurate estimate of the cost to set up a Jersey company.